June 19, 2013

pregnancies and miscarriages

Oh, mamas. I am writing this post for my beloved friends - a few who are pregnant for the first time and a few who have recently suffered miscarriages. I love you all.


I remember the feeling of reading my very first positive pregnancy test. There was just nothing to compare it to. After a year and a half of disappointment it had finally happened. The excitement, the expectations, the plans... just a mind spinning out of control with happiness and hopefulness. I imagine that is what most women pregnant for the first time feel. The ones who really want a baby anyhow and especially the ones who have been trying like hell to have one.

So, as I find out that my friends are about to become first time mothers I have so many thoughts rushing my mind. First, ultimate joy. So happy that they will get to experience the things that are most wonderful, picturing them holding their sweet baby for the first time, the baby names, the nursery - all that fun stuff. Next, hope. Wishing them the very best, no sickness, no complications - just a really amazing journey that they will enjoy and remember fondly for the rest of their lives. Lastly, fear. Fear that they could potentially endure a loss. A loss that so many experience, a loss that Gregg and I experienced.   

For my dearest loves who have recently suffered a loss: I am so very sorry. There's hardly a sentence I can conjure up that will make you feel any better. There aren't many things that you can do - you can cry and grieve, you can get pissed and ask WHY ME? and when you are ready you can move on. You can find that strength that has gotten you through everything else in your life and use it once again. I urge you to keep your faith. A positive attitude and sunny outlook really do make all the difference in the world. Don't give up, we are all praying for you and love you very much - you will make it through.

To the pregnant gals, I hope you are feeling well, I hope you are making the most of each day as best you can. I realize nausea and headaches and bloating and swelling can take the wind out of your sails but I assure you when you hold your precious baby in your arms you'll forget allllllll about those ailments. That was the old you. Your new life begins when you see your baby's beautiful face. Everything prior to that moment becomes blurred and semi-insignificant. You'll see what I mean soon enough and I can't wait 'til you do!

Thinking of you all, sending my love and prayers. Best wishes and many, many blessings!

Love,
Sheri


No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to add? Leave me a comment...