March 19, 2012

Monday: minute by minute


Now THIS is a beautiful day. It is currently 72 degrees, sunny and blue. Absolutely gorgeous. As soon as I got out of bed this morning I flung open the windows. I'll admit I had to dust a few that hadn't been touched since probably October. One awesome thing about our house is that we get fantastic cross breezes. The scent of fresh air is one of the things I enjoy most about a nice day.

I chose Scarlett's outfit easily this morning. It's nice to not have to bundle her up so much... gives us both more freedom. I settled on a long-sleeved Hello Kitty onesie with polka-dotted sleeves and cupcakes on the front. The colors are so soft and summery - pastel pink, purple, yellow and aqua. I was pleased and amazed to find aqua colored pants to match it perfectly. So cute. 


We enjoyed our slow morning. I sipped coffee at the dining room table, leafing through the Sunday fliers while listening to a relaxing ipod playlist. Scarlett had a ball screeching and practicing her acrobatics in her doorway jumper. She's such a maniac in that thing. It's hilarious. I never would have bought one and am so glad my sister-in-law gave us hers. While S was taking her morning nap I decided that I would bring her over to see her ninety year old great-grandmother today. She gets such joy out of her visits. It's priceless to see her playing with the baby. She smiles the entire time and even has to take Ibuprofin because her back hurts from leaning over so much!

Whilst I was getting myself ready our power went out. Not a big deal since I was just about ready to go to Grammie's. I packed up the car with our bags and stroller and heard my neighbor's voice. She asked if I had also lost power and then walked over to see the baby (for the first time) and we chatted for a minute. We both marveled at the fact that Scarlett will be SIX MONTHS OLD on Saturday. I can't even fathom it. 

Upon arriving at my mother's house I noticed that she had lost power too. Bummer. I was hoping for a delicious lunch but ended up with a peanut butter sandwich. Still not bad. We played with the baby for a while and I decided to come home to do some writing but of COURSE I'm drawing blanks. So here I sit with my Monday minute by minute that's about as exciting as a beige necklace. I'll get back to my project one day ... when the inspiration is dripping from my fingertips. 

Hope you are all enjoying your Monday wherever you are, whatever you're up to.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to add? Leave me a comment...