October 1, 2010

up and at'em !!

It happened again.

I woke up at 3:52 and could not regain my sleepiness. I tried, for an hour to slip back into slumber but it wasn't in the cards. So, I turned on the TV and flipped channels for a bit. Bob Ross painted a ton of 'happy little' evergreens and he made a pretty sweet fence using his knife. Sally Field was bucking for an Oscar nomination in some textile mill film. Numerous "actors" were trying out innovative ab machines and The Weather Channel warned of flash flooding and high winds. Oh wait, I can't forget the Magic Bullet infomercial where Peppy Peter enthusiastically prepared a fruit smoothie for Hungover Henry. I can't. 

Out of bed I hopped. Gregg doesn't like when I get up before he leaves for work. If roles were reversed he would surely be in that bed for hours more. So, it's sort of like I am wasting comfy bed time. But every now and then I just cannot get back to sleep. 

So what are my options? I checked the news, my email and Facebook. I found that Young Frankenstein is on television and did not hesitate to switch it on. I am already starving but would like to get the treadmill out of the way before committing to an egg white delight. 

This day will be a long one. BUT I am not complaining. At least I have the luxury of being home to enjoy the rainy/gusty weather. I'll do a little cleaning and laundry. I'll read a book and watch a movie. I'll most likely have a grilled cheese with tomato soup. And my ipod will play the soundtrack of 'Sheri's October 1st'. Not exactly sure what that means but it will probably include some David Bowie and Mazzy Star.

And now, as a special treat, my favorite song - (and yes, Gregg, it is 3 minutes and 11 seconds long -xo)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to add? Leave me a comment...