March 29, 2012

The Scarlett Letters: #5



My dear, sweet six month old love,

My, how you've grown. It seems like everyday you are learning something new and everyday you are showing off your more mature mind. You are soooooooo close to sitting up on your own, each day a few seconds longer than the last. You have mastered the art of crawling/scooting backwards and are so eager to learn how to move forward. You get onto your hands and knees and rock back and forth, just wishing you would magically GO ahead. It's so precious. I can see the frustration in your eyes. Don't worry, keep at it, you'll get there very soon, my dear.

Some big news to report: You are cutting your first two teeth! Last night I felt the jagged edges and after you'd finally moved your tongue I saw the two front, bottom teeth are poking through!! Yikes!! That's why you've been gnawing on your teething toys so frequently and eating your bibs! And maybe that's why you were crying for Mama the night before. My poor darlin'.

You have been a very good eater so far! We've tried: apples, pears, bananas, mango, peaches, prunes, plums, avocado, butternut squash, carrots, sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, peas, green beans, spinach... I'm sure I'm leaving some out. I've cooked and pureed everything up myself so far but finally broke down yesterday and bought some organic jarred mixes because I want you to have a great variety. I think you're going to love them! I think I'M going to love them too - might be a new snack for Mama - haha. You continue to drink four bottles each day and 26 oz. total. You enjoy rice cereal, oatmeal and mixed grains and we're going to try brown rice cereal and barley next! After your doctor's visit next week (more shots - boooo) we're going to add meats to your diet. How exciting!

You're still sleeping through the night consistently. I put you in the crib at eight o'clock and you wake around seven. You play by yourself, happily, until I come to get you. I love your little playtime noises and sometimes it sounds like you're singing. Let's hope if you enjoy music as much as Mama that you have a way better voice than I do. Your naps are about the same each day - one between 10:30 am and 11:30 am and the other around 2 o'clock. They last anywhere from thirty minutes to an hour and a half on average.

For playtime you still love the doorway jumper, it's a favorite. You get so excited and have learned to take a few steps and lift your legs so you can swing a bit - it's pretty adorable. I think you're going to be quite sad when you outgrow it - which won't be long. You also love to look at yourself in our mirrored closet doors. You roll around in the floor and stare at your beautiful face. Laughing and smiling. And now you like to watch yourself sitting up - I think it might even be helping you! You enjoy playing with a plethora of toys in your crib, on the floor or in the pack 'n' play. And have also mastered the art of jumping in your Baby Einstein entertainer now that your feet finally touch the floor.

I am anxious to see how much you weigh and how long you measure. You sure look like you've grown a lot to us. Our big girl. I love to see you learning, playing and changing every day but I wish I could pause time now and then. I have been soaking up every second I spend with you. I couldn't love you more.

~Mama      




No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to add? Leave me a comment...