January 30, 2012

my moon...

I apologize, but I do believe my daughter's smile is responsible for global warming.
Well, maybe not, since she was just born in September but oh man does it melt my heart. I love everything about my little girl.

Our mornings together:

I get out of bed around seven to make my coffee, empty the dishwasher, feed the hound and decide whether to open the curtains just yet. I make breakfast whilst listening to my little pea on the baby monitor. I love how she babbles on and on to herself when she awakens. I can hear her sucking her thumb and devouring her fist. The kitchen is directly under her bedroom and as she kicks the crib mattress happily (to rotate herself) it sounds as though someone is pounding on the roof. I smile. She plays by herself just long enough for me to finish cleaning up the kitchen and make her bottle. I rush upstairs for the most fulfilling moment of my day - that heart-melting smile. "Good morrrrrrrrrrrniiiiiiiing" I wish her in a sing-songy voice. Her smile widens and turns into a full-on open-mouthed grin of excitement and bliss. Like her whole world just got awesome. She shakes her head from side to side, alive with happiness...


 I open her shades and let in a ridiculous amount of sunshine that only further brightens up her yellow walls. I can't wait to pick her up! Still, I stand crib-side to take in the cuteness, the innocence, the purity, the smell of urine... oh wait, yeah I should probably get her out of there. I whisk her over to the changing dresser and await her morning sunlight sneezes. Each one cuter than the last. I clean her up and "bib her" and we head downstairs for her breakfast. With a full belly she sits in her bouncy chair while I read her various stories from our rotation. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse plays in the background - I catch her smiling at the famed mouse several times... 


Our next event is "the jumpy thing". (That's the little seat that hangs in the doorway by a giant spring). She gets her exercise for about twenty minutes and then is ready to move on. We switch to a sprawled out blanket in the living room floor where she is surrounded by some of her favorite toys... 


After giving each the attention it deserves - she decides she's done and we move back upstairs for another diaper change. From there it's the Baby Einstein entertainer...

then the Bumbo...


... sometimes the crib to watch her mobile and aquarium soother and sometimes the floor in her room for a change of scenery. We keep busy from 9-11 and she's ready for her catnap. Twenty minutes later it's time for cereal and another bottle. This is our day up until noon... and it's wonderful.

I am so blessed to be home to cherish each second with my little moon. The day is coming very soon when I will no longer have this luxury. A job will become my morning focus. But Scarlett will never be far from my mind. I will replay these amazing memories over and over again until my heart is about to overflow. I love my Scarlett June.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to add? Leave me a comment...