December 26, 2010

the day after

Ahhhhh... what a perfect day to relax. Well, I have spent most of it cleaning out and organizing my kitchen cabinets, making room for new Christmas gifts that we received and restoring peace to an otherwise chaotic mess. I feel much better now! Holidays bring with them lots of 'extras'. Extra food, extra tins on the counters, extra boxes, extra chairs, piles of homeless items etc. I have finally settled my brain by de-cluttering and condensing. Now it's time to enjoy the BLIZZARD!!

Christmas was wonderful. We had a really, really nice weekend. Family and friends gathered here for Christmas Eve. We picked on lots of goodies and enjoyed a few cocktails. Chasing Brody around the house stressed me RIGHT out but otherwise it was an enjoyable evening. Gregg and I woke around 7 o'clock for our much awaited Christmas morning. He gets his piece of Cranberry bread with cream cheese and I make a gallon of coffee and we sit and exchange gifts leisurely while Christmas music plays in the background. It is always one of our favorite times of the year. We didn't have to rush, we were able to make it to my mom's house at a decent time to exchange our gifts and have my favorite meal of the year - manicotti (usually lasagna but mom switched it up this year), meatballs, eggplant parmesan, salad and antipasto. Mmmm I do wait a long 12 months for that delicious feast and it was awesome as usual. After dinner we headed to Gregg's sister's house for more gift exchanging and another dinner! Gregg was able to devour two helpings while I nibbled on a few chocolate covered pretzels. We were exhausted and went home to unload our wonderful presents, give Brody a bathroom break and slip into our PJs for some down time. We headed to bed after nodding off while playing some PS3. What a great holiday! 

I received so many wonderful things but I don't think you need to see me in my pajamas with an unpainted face and very tired eyes. So here are just a couple of my favorites...

my first Flapperdoodle prints!!!

 ...and two pairs of amazing boots 
(I've already worn the gray ones and they are awwwesommmme)

I am so blessed to have the amazing family and friends that I do and of course my soul-mate/husband who I simply couldn't live a day without. I am so incredibly thankful and grateful for them all. 

We have had a very tough year and I am going to use these new boots to kick 2010 out the door and kick 2011's ass!! Watch out New Year... I'm comin' for ya.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to add? Leave me a comment...