September 16, 2010

disco room ...

As I recall, from personal experience, when forced to awaken early to begin a regimen of hurried ready-getting and a white-knuckled commute to a place that you don't necessarily enjoy, you don't exactly possess the free time to appreciate a lovely morning. 

Lately, I have been waking up around 5 am, as the dog plays a game of 'I'm up, just kidding, no I'm not', jumping on and off the bed five or six times before Gregg leaves the house to head to work. Some days I lay there - enjoying the extra space, and then the crowded space, and then the extra space - with no agenda and a heavy blanket on these recent chilly mornings. Other days I spring up and out of that room without looking back. Today was a springy day. And this is what greeted me in the dining room ... 


It was a light show of sorts. The newly risen sun was flooding the living room and singling out a glass, mosaic style candle on the table. Those little "dots" were all around the room. I was tempted to throw on a pair of roller skates and the song Stayin' Alive. Lucky for all, I possess neither the song nor the skates. But seriously, what a simple sight to marvel at. It was pretty wonderlandy. Definitely put me in a cheerful mood right from the start!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to add? Leave me a comment...