August 30, 2010

60:00

Phooey.

I thought I could do it. I thought I could magically ease up on the workouts and my body would not be the wiser. Wrong-O. 

There are people who can get away with exercising for only 30 minutes a day. I am not one of them. I need that full hour to keep everything working like a well-oiled machine. And while I have known this all along, apparently it wasn't enough helpful information to keep me motivated. So for about ten months I have taken the easy path - just floating along through various half hour workouts. Each month that passed has brought with it discomfort and disappointment. Granted, 30 minutes is better than zero minutes and it does keep me healthy - but still is not quite enough to keep me happy. And while I continue to eat "clean" during the week and have treats on the weekend, that is only half the battle. The other half is what I consider, the hard part.

So I decided that today would be the day. I was all fired up last night just thinking about it. I woke up very early and was on the treadmill by 6:30. When the display read 60:00 I felt fantastic. For me, getting over the hump of 35 minutes is the hardest. It's not fatigue, it's boredom. Thank goodness for the ipod. I pretty much DJ my way through life and make no exceptions when exercising. Music always keeps me going. It doesn't have to be powerful and upbeat all the time - it just has to keep my mind enchanted and distracted. 

I feel so much better just knowing that I am back on the right track - the ONLY track I should be taking. The benefits are endless and it just takes a week to see results. It isn't all about losing weight, it's more about being comfortable and mentally satisfied. I can tell you from personal experience that if you are feeling unhappy, miserable, blah and in a funk - exercise will always help. When you start treating yourself better - you reap all sorts of benefits. Those little endorphins are no joke...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to add? Leave me a comment...