December 31, 2009

time to lock it up ...

Just wanted to share some holiday photos from Christmas 2009 before we leap into 2010 in just a matter of hours.

On Christmas Eve we hosted about 25 people - just for snacks and drinks - here are a few shots... (I don't want to add pictures of the guests just in case they aren't in love with that idea). I made peanut butter cookies, Nutter Butter snowmen, sugar cookies, chocolate-covered pound-cake bites, cupcakes and zucchini bread. Lotsa goodies ...

 
 

On Christmas Day we split time between my parents home and Gregg's sister's home. I look forward to that Christmas meal every year. It is normally LASAGNA but this year my mom opted for stuffed shells instead. Just as yummy. And we always have meatballs, Eggplant Parmesan (my favorite) and antipasto. Mmm mmm mmm. The leftovers are just as good. At my sister-in-law's house they have turkey, ham, potatoes, rice, noodles, veggies etc. TONS of options. There are always too many desserts to choose from as well. YUM.

Gregg and I had a wonderful Christmas. One of our favorite parts is Christmas morning when we sit in the living room and open our gifts from each other. Since it only happens once a year it really makes those rare moments that much more special. We appreciate every second of it and love to see the looks on each others faces when we open our "little surprises". Gregg is very thoughtful and always manages to find something that I adore. We don't spend a lot of money anymore since we have our important priorities - but we don't notice the difference. I just enjoy that time that we spend together.

Hope you all had a lovely holiday and since it is New Year's Eve - Happy New Year, everyone! I wish you all health, wealth and happiness in 2010! Cheers!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to add? Leave me a comment...