September 29, 2009

waking up awesome ...

There are few things so simply enjoyed as opening your eyes in the morning, head still on the pillow and arm tucked under it, with a comfortable smile across your face. The chilly breeze from the two, open windows accentuated by the ceiling fan ... pleasant dreams still tumbling around in your mind ... you have no idea what the day ahead holds. You could roll over and throw your back out, you could be electrocuted shutting the stereo off, you could find a family of squirrels in your fireplace ... but you don't know that at this initial, awesome moment.

That's how I started this day! I know! I know! How exciting!! After weeks of on-and-off, annoying illnesses - I finally feel fantastic right out of the gate! I made my coffee and tossed in a teaspoon of peppermint cocoa (one of my favorite 'treats'). I had my routinely delicious egg whites on a wheat English muffin.  I remembered that in just a few hours I will be at Salon de Moda visiting Tanya, the best hair stylist around, for my cut and color. I plan to stop at Dunkin' Donuts for a yummy iced coffee on the way and I don't even have to spend a dime because I have a gift card! Everything is coming up daisies today! (I prefer daisies over roses).

Here's to your awesome day!!

... and here's to me not falling down the stairs as I exit this room!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to add? Leave me a comment...