July 11, 2013

I'm gonna be grouchy...

Just a few minutes ago I contemplated exercising. I pictured lacing up my sneaks and working out for maybe thirty minutes, leaving me just enough time to take a quick shower before Scarlett's speed-nap is over. Do I have my sneakers on? No. Am I doing crunches while I type this? Nope. Why not? Because today I have chosen to sit in my recliner and relax for a few minutes. It's not going to help my lasagna arms, true, but it's going to make me feel good just the same.

So maybe I don't always make the best decisions. I'll admit I haven't been exercising for months - I just can't get back into a routine. Right now my schedule allows for either thirty minutes in the afternoon or 5:30 am workouts. I normally get up between 6:15 and 6:30 and realllllllllly enjoy the days where I can just have a slow cup of coffee before Scarlett wakes up. Most days I'm rushing around showering, making breakfast and getting myself ready before 7:30. There is no real break until the afternoon nap - which is never for more than an hour. I typically spend that free time cleaning, writing or prepping dinner. The terribly apparent fact is that early morning workouts are my best bet right now. Ugh.

I've always hated exercising but I love the feeling I get when I am in a good routine. Even just three or four days a week, working different parts of the body each day, stretching and toning --- it feels great. Noticeably great. Like, I can actually feel my muscles working differently when I climb the stairs great. I love that. I love feeling strong and limber. I've noticed a difference since being somewhat sedentary. Not that I'm sitting around on my ass all day but chasing a toddler around is just not a real workout. Tiring, yes, but it's just not enough. So, I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get up earlier. But I'm gonna be grouchy.

The good news is that I haven't gained a pound since pregnancy. I'm actually fifteen pounds lighter than I was before I got pregnant, so that makes me feel better. My good eating habits keep me in line but I know that's only half of the equation. I just wish I had the same amount of free time that I had years ago... who doesn't?

By the way guess who just woke up... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to add? Leave me a comment...