May 5, 2012

RIP Adam Yauch


{photo source}


By now, I'm sure you've heard of the untimely passing of the Beastie Boys' Adam "MCA" Yauch. Gone at 47 years old, yet another victim of cancer.

I just wanted to write a quick post expressing my love for the Beasties.


The Beastie Boys took me from being an eight year old girl who desperately wanted to be a teenager to a thirteen year old with an attitude and allowance to buy albums. Through high school legendary albums like Check Your Head and Ill Communication were worn and torn up in my CD player always. During my party years I spent many a night with these three talented musicians - as my friends loved them just as I did. Every song brings with it a distinct memory of nothing but a great time.

The Beasties made a seamless transition into each new decade. To the Five Boroughs and Hot Sauce Committee are definitive proof of that. History will never forget their name and I am ecstatic to hear of their well-deserved induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Rest in Peace, Adam Yauch. Your fans will always do you proud. (I have on a 127 song mix as I type this).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to add? Leave me a comment...