December 19, 2011

2011 Christmas poem

'Twas the week before Christmas
and I'm feeling quite moody
Gregg broke his toe
so I'm on double duty

But I'm happy to say
I'm ahead of the game
with shopping all finished
and wrapping the same

Each day I spend sprucing
a room to it's best
or the stove or the shower
vile things I detest

Baking you ask? 
Well, not too many sweets
Cookies from a pouch
and ready-made treats

The baby decides
just what tasks I'll get done
each day when she naps
I rush to start one

Hoping I finish
everything on my list
before she awakens
hungry and pissed


Our home is quite festive
decked out and lit up 
It smells like a pine tree
and a quart of spit-up


I've watched A Christmas Carol
with George C. Scott
my favorite Scrooge ever
Find better? You'll not.


And of course I've seen Rudolph
The Grinch and Charlie Brown
That Lucy's a bitch
she needs a beat down

But this Christmas is sure to 
cause our spirits to lift
For we have been blessed 
with a most precious gift


Our beautiful daughter
one miss Scarlett June
a name just as beautiful 
as our sweet little moon

I hear cute little noises
as her short nap now ends
My time here is up
Merry Christmas, my friends! 


Happy Holidays to you and yours, I wish you all the best of health and happiness in the New Year!! Merry Christmas!! xoxo

























 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to add? Leave me a comment...