December 27, 2010

marshmallow majesty ...

I am in love with a good snow storm. I always get so excited when I hear the forecast saying "measurable snowfall". Immediately I start planning out my snow day. I don't usually look forward to storms that occur during the work week because that is just stressful and dangerous for everyone - but a weekend storm is always welcome here. On Christmas night we began to hear that the predicted storm was being upgraded to a blizzard. The term blizzard has lost some of its scariness over the past few years. What we have seen lately is nothing compared to the notorious blizzard of '78. But it is fun to think that you might be snowed-in ... with movies and pajamas and hot chocolate. The power outages, car accidents and dangerous break-downs, however, are not so fun.

Gregg was supposed to work today but eventually his employer made the right decision and closed the branch for the day. We spent our morning shoveling ... and shoveling ... and shoveling. I loathe it. I find it is a great workout but it really wears me down, quickly. Gregg always tells me to stay inside and that he will take care of it all but we do have a decent sized circular driveway, walkway, car and Jeep and the curb to tackle. It is a LOT of work for one person. All complaints aside I did enjoy watching the snow fall last night and took some pictures of its progression...


Also some pretty, little swirly pics...



And naturally Gregg captured some shots of Brody, the little snow fox...









Just like Gregg and me, Brody is all tuckered out and we'll all be spending the rest of this day quietly in our favorite resting spots. Hope those of you who got the snow enjoyed it and those of you who didn't don't envy us! Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to add? Leave me a comment...