Summer is SO on it's way out but it still has a little heatwave left in it. I found this recipe in a magazine and tried it out over the weekend. It's a much lighter take on Frozen Hot Chocolate. This version has only 150 calories and virtually no fat.
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups ice cubes
- Garnish with reduced-fat whipped topping and/or dark chocolate sprinkles or shavings
1. Combine chocolate syrup, evaporated milk, vanilla and ice in a blender until smooth.
2. Pour into glasses and garnish as you wish.
Mexican Hot Chocolate: Add 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
Peppermint Hot Chocolate: Substitute 1/4 tsp mint extract for the vanilla extract.