July 7, 2010

... what 60 bucks can do ...

From the first day I laid eyes on this house there was one thing (among eight others) that I loathed immediately. A shiny pair of brass friggin sconces above the fireplace mantle. BRASS??? Really?? Unacceptable. I remember ranting about how that would be the FIRST renovation we would make! Yeah, no. After painting 8 rooms I figured there was no harm in waiting a little while longer.

3.5 years later...

The sconces have been destroyed!! In fact, the sconces have been smashed to pieces, hehehe. Thanks to a quick trip to Lowe's and the price tag of $60 bucks we are no longer in 80's lighting hell. Take a look...

Old, horrid lights:

New, much better option:
 
Naturally I took the giant candles down after seeing these pictures... but the upgrade is perfect. Now to take care of the nasty brass on the fireplace doors. High heat spray paint for the win!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to add? Leave me a comment...