October 31, 2009

boo ...

I say that Halloween is one of my two favorite days of the year (the other being Christmas Eve) but I am realizing there is no good reason.

It's not the trick-or-treating, because I stopped that in 6th grade. It's not the candy, because I can get Mounds any day of the year. It's not the ritual of opening the front door to Transformers, witches and 16 year old jerks wearing hoodies and carrying pillowcases, because my doorbell is broken, my dog is a pain in the ass and I shut my lights off for the only two groups of kids who actually come here. I guess what I love is horror films and Halloween decorations. For some reason I plaster my home with ghosts and pumpkins and witches and little, spooky Halloween signs ...  I just think it's "cute".

Does this make me a Halloween grinch?? Don't get me wrong, I love to see the kids dressed up and I, of course, remember my excitement as a child. But I guess something was lost along the way to my 32 year old mentality. Still, each year, I pop in the Garfield Halloween DVD and watch It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. And I don't feel that I have yet overdosed on Michael Myers, Jason, Dracula or Leatherface.

So, what the hell am I saying here? I guess just that I love coconut, cartoons, serial killers and HomeGoods.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to add? Leave me a comment...