August 22, 2009

thank you note ...

I would like to express my gratitude to the lovely little CVS on Warwick Avenue. I can't tell you how many times I found myself nearly shattering your well-intended, yet malfunctioning, automatic door. It never mattered what my choice of footwear was for the day. Four inch heels would slow my stride a bit, sure, but not enough to time my entrance into the store correctly. Heaven forbid I was wearing super-speedy flip-flops ... I narrowly escaped painful neck injuries and a broken nose on more than one occasion, for sure. While I never actually walked directly into the door I was just as annoyed at the fact that I had to pause time and time again before getting "clearance" to enter. So, you can imagine my excitement when I took that most familiar pause only to learn that this was a shiny NEW door. Sliding over to the side with great agility and speed, this door opened with a smile! I am once again proud to be a loyal CVS customer - thanks again, guys. Strap on your jet-packs and leave your helmets at home, this door is ready for you.

1 comment:

  1. The CVS near me has one of those damn semi-working doors, too. Hopefully they are doing some kind of national door-rennovation across all of their stores so I can stop feeling like an idiot whenever I have to walk in there...

    ReplyDelete

Got something to add? Leave me a comment...